There’s something about that hometown pride that runs deep. And when it comes to Minor League Baseball, you can bet there’s nothing quite like that hometown pride for that hometown team. Plus, what else could incentivize you to head to the local ballpark more than Star Wars night, chili pepper races, and egg tosses? That’s what we thought.
Which is why Esurance and MiLB have collaborated to award those fans for doing what they do best: cheering on their home team in their home ballparks. And lucky for them, 1 of the MiLB teams in each of the 14 leagues has been named the Esurance Home Field Advantage Award winner.
The winning teams who’ll be honored at the 2016 Baseball Winter Meetings™ in National Harbor, Maryland this December are:
- Charlotte Knights (International League)
- El Paso Chihuahuas (Pacific Coast League)
- Trenton Thunder (Eastern League)
- Pensacola Blue Wahoos (Southern League)
- Corpus Christi Hooks (Texas League)
- Visalia Rawhide (California League)
- Frederick Keys (Carolina League)
- Daytona Tortugas (Florida State League)
- Dayton Dragons (Midwest League)
- Greenville Drive (South Atlantic League)
- Hudson Valley Renegades (New York-Penn League)
- Vancouver Canadians (Northwest League)
- Pulaski Yankees (Appalachian League)
- Billings Mustangs (Pioneer League)
So, you get the bragging rights, of course, plus you get to throw a poppin’ party for your fans at the start of the 2017 season. (Can you tell we’re jealous?)
Our commitment to homeowners insurance makes this award particularly meaningful, knowing that whether it be your home or your hometown team, home is important. The Home Field Advantage award is an opportunity to provide a home-like environment for the fan and their local teams.
With over 42 million fans in 160 communities, Esurance knows that baseball fans are some of the most committed in all of sports. We love to tell that story through our relationship with both the MiLB and MLB®. And we’re all about tapping into that fan passion. Whether it be awarding fans for voting in the MLB® All-Star® ballot, or MLB Fans of the Year, Esurance recognizes who gets the teams to where they are — you, the fans.