Ahhh, April 15. A day meticulously prepared for by accountants, relished by the IRS, and dreaded by taxpayers … unless those taxpayers are receiving a refund check. Then, suddenly, Tax Day seems a little less stressful. Last year, we offered tips on smart ways to use your tax refund, so this year, we thought we’d ask you to tell us how you actually use it.
In honor of Tax Day, we asked our Facebook fans to post the wildest ways they’ve spent their tax refunds. Turns out a lot of them are pretty responsible with their money, but we’re glad to see a few of them had some fun. Take a look!
The most common responses
- “Tax refund? What tax refund?” – Sorry guys, we didn’t mean to rub it in.
- “Insurance from Esurance” – It may not be fun or crazy, but we do love hearing about how responsible our customers are!
The fun stuff …
- “A Magic 8 Ball” – We hope it gave you all the answers you wanted to hear.
- “My banjo” – Do you know how to play the Beatles’ “Tax Man”?
- “A Segway” – Now we’re talking …
- “A marriage license” – Awww!
- “An iPad®” – You know, you can use Esurance Mobile on your tablet … just sayin’.
- “A half-sleeve tattoo” – Any images of Uncle Sam hidden in there?
- “An Alienware M15x” – That definitely constitutes a fun splurge.
… and the not-so-fun stuff
- “Marital aids” – We’re rooting for you 2!
- “A new clutch. I know you’re thinking, ‘Whoa, that one there, she lives on the edge.’” – Haha, you read our minds!
- “To have my taxes done” – We hope you didn’t spend your entire refund on tax help …
- “Gas” – Hear, hear!
- “College courses” – Now that’s just plain smart.
Do you have any crazy tax refund stories? Leave a comment below!