The Heart of Dixie just got even better
There are a lot of reasons to love Alabama: unbeatable food, great music, and miles of beautiful beaches, just to name a few. But here are a few things you may not know about this gem in the heart of the Deep South.
1. The town of Magnolia Springs boasts the U.S.’s only all-water postal route. That’s right, every piece of mail in Magnolia Springs is delivered by boat on the Magnolia River.
2. In 1902, Dr. Luther Leonidas Hill performed the western hemisphere’s first open heart-surgery in Montgomery.
3. Activists like Rosa Parks and Helen Keller hailed from the Heart of Dixie, contributing to a long history of pursuing social justice and civil rights.
4. No stranger to world records, Alabama’s home to the world’s largest cast-iron sculpture. It’s called The Vulcan and it’s a whopping 56 feet tall, weighing in at 120,000 pounds.
5. Esurance now offers reliable and affordable homeowners coverage in Alabama! See if you could save money and protect your biggest investment. Get a quote today.
Coverage around the country
Don’t live in Alabama? That’s ok. Esurance offers homeowners coverage in many states around the country. Find out if Esurance homeowners is available in your state.