When you think of Esurance, you may think only of quotes, claims, a cartoon character with crazy pink hair, or our techie/feely gurus. But look beyond the surface and you can see who we are at heart: A company dedicated to serving our many communities.
For example, our Esurance Grant Program allocates $5,000 a year to organizations nominated and voted for by associates at each of our 14 offices. These grants help deserving organizations continue to do important work, which focuses on everything from children’s health care and animal rescue to feeding the hungry and youth football and cheerleading.
The list of 2011 recipients includes:
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (Atlanta)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (New York)
- Tomorrows Children’s Fund (New Jersey)
- Richardson Corporate Challenge for Special Olympics (Dallas)
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Denver (Denver)
- Sulphur Springs Cowboys (Tampa/Ft. Lauderdale)
- San Francisco Food Bank (San Francisco)
- Dane County Humane Society (Madison)
- Paz de Cristo Outreach Center and the Children’s Cancer Network (Phoenix)
- Sacramento Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) (Sacramento)
- Second Chance Rescue Center (Sioux Falls)
Join us in saying a resounding, “Thank you!” to this year’s recipients for all of their amazing work.
In addition to our grant program, Esurance provides our associates with a variety of opportunities to give back. Through our Dollars for Doers program, associates who volunteer at least 8 hours at an organization of their choice will earn $100 for that organization. Additionally, our Matching Gift Program matches our associates’ donations to charities dollar for dollar up to $2,500 per year, per associate. In 2010, the Esurance matching gifts program raised $94,111.95.
Our commitment to our communities, however, doesn’t stop with charitable contributions. We actively engage in a variety of programs to improve the world we all share:
- Carbon offsets: We work with NativeEnergy to offset 100 percent of the energy used in our permanent office locations nationwide, as well as the carbon emissions from our fleet of hybrid claims vehicles.
- Recycled Rides™: Since establishing our partnership with the National Auto Body Council in 2008, Esurance has donated 16 vehicles to families in need.
- EarthCorps Earth Month 2010: For the 4th year in a row, Esurance participated in Earth Month. More than 3,600 volunteers worked on 24 projects in 10 cities throughout Washington state.
- Rideshare 2010: Our friends at Zimride make it easy for folks to share rides to Esurance-sponsored events. In 2010 alone, Esurance ridesharers saved 1,484,853 driving miles!
- Pride events: Since 2005, we’ve sponsored Pride events across the country. From helping festival-goers navigate Gay Days in Orlando to celebrating with families at the Seattle Pride Family Picnic, we continually support those who come out with pride. Additionally, in 2011, we donated $50,000 to The Trevor Project, an organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ youth.
Stay tuned for lots more info on these specific programs!