This past Sunday was Father’s Day. In honor of all the dads out there, we thought it’d be fun to ask some of our Facebook fans about their dads’ favorite cars. Here are a few of our favorite responses:
- “His ’68 Pontiac GTO. Tried to get it on Overhaulin to fix it up!”
- ”1989 Firebird. Got to admit, it’s a pretty sweet ride.”
- “The car I have in my barn! My late father’s 1970 Pontiac Grand Prix!!”
- “His 69 GTO.”
- “A very old Landcruiser we could remove the doors, etc., and hit the desert. He was original member of the Four Wheel Drive Club of Southern California. Back in the day!!”
- “I believe Dad’s favorite car was his Lincoln Towncar.”
- Check out the whole list
As you can see, dads seem to prefer the old cars they used to drive. Maybe it’s the memories associated with the car that made it special. After all, who can forget family road trips, car games, or those weird roadside attractions?
Whether pops has a Caddy or a beater, Sunday was a good time to take a trip down Nostalgia Lane, remember the good ole days, and thank our dads for being there through all the miles.